SEEP Global Conference on Savings Groups
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Oxfam America and the SEEP Network are hosting the Global Conference on Savings Groups on 4-5 March, 2013 in Arlington, VA.
The conference will cover many topics, including:
- The place that Saving Groups occupy within the current financial landscape
- How Savings Groups can be linked to the formal financial sector
- How Savings Groups reach the rural poor in remote areas
- How to scale up Savings Groups
- How Savings Groups can be platforms for other services, products, and types of education
- How to link Savings Groups to mobile technology
CGAP's Alexia Latortue is participating on a panel the first day of the conference and will discuss linking the informal and formal financial sectors. In what promises to be a dynamic session, Alexia and other panelists will first take a look at the client perspective and then address the sustainability of Savings Groups.
For a full agenda and registration information, please visit OxfamAmerica.org.