A Systemic Approach to Financial Inclusion: An eLearning Course for Funders
This free course helps funder staff and other stakeholders better understand financial inclusion and teaches them how the Systemic Approach can help them make financial services markets more inclusive. This course was developed and designed by CGAP, adapted from materials designed by CGAP, FSD Africa and the Springfield Center. The course is approximately 3 hours, divided into 10–30-minute sessions. It is self-paced, online learning which means learners can go through the various topics at their own pace. Upon completion, learners are given a certificate of attendance.
Module 1: Financial inclusion
- What is financial inclusion?
- Why is it important?
- What are the financial needs of poor people?
- Who are the excluded?
- How is the financial system structured?
- What are digital financial services?
- How much funding is committed to financial inclusion?
Module 2: The systemic approach
- Why the Systemic Approach is needed, what it is, and how development agencies can adopt it.
- Addresses the root causes of system underperformance and how market facilitation can address these causes by triggering systemic change.
Available now and ends on 30 November 2018.
Create an account and sign up for the course at www.gateway.academy/funders.
View this introductory video to learn more.