CGAP VII Strategy (FY24-28)
Harnessing Inclusive Finance: A Path Toward Thriving and Sustainable Futures
CGAP’s five-year strategy covering the period of July 2023 through June 2028 —CGAP VII— will contribute to strengthening responsible and inclusive financial ecosystems by elevating the focus of financial inclusion to broader development outcomes.
A critical part of CGAP VII is the exploration of new and emerging aspects of financial inclusion, including its breadth, depth, and utility. That is, the number of people and micro and small enterprises (MSEs) that have access to and use a financial account, the extent to which they have access to and use responsible financial products and services, and their practical benefits and positive outcomes.
To achieve this, we will focus on contributing to the following outcome areas through our work program:
- Generating evidence of what works, where, and for whom
- Promoting enabling responsible financial ecosystems
- Enhancing the effectiveness of impact investing in inclusive finance and the inclusiveness of carbon markets
- Increasing breadth and depth of financial inclusion
- Mobilizing financial services for climate adaptation, mitigation and a just transition
- Mobilizing financial services for building resilience to shocks and managing risks
- Mobilizing financial services for women and MSEs to capture economic opportunities