What is the Funding Explorer?
The Funding Explorer is a set of five interactive dashboards reflecting active international financial inclusion funding commitments as of December 31, 2020. The Explorer uses data from the CGAP Funder Survey complemented by publicly available contextual indicators. Users can create specific queries to understand which financial inclusion funders are doing what and where, identify gaps in demand and supply within a given market or segment, and identify potential partners/funding recipients.
How to use the Funding Explorer
Use the right and left arrows in the bottom center of the dashboard frame to navigate between them. The Explorer can be opened in full screen mode by clicking on the expansion icon in the bottom right corner.
- Key Indicators – How much funding is going to financial inclusion and to whom?
- Alignment of Funding – Is funding being directed to countries where financial inclusion indicators are lagging?
- Explore Markets – How much funding is going to a specific market?
- Explore Projects – What are funders doing and where?
- Digital Financial Services Projects – What does DFS funding look like?
Each dashboard contains a set of filters which can be used to explore specific segments of funding, such as by geography or project theme. On some dashboards, you can also toggle between 2019 and 2020 data. Using these filters will automatically update the results displayed.
Please note that the information in the Funding Explorer may be limited due to the funders’ institutional ability to report or any disclosure limitations. For further information, please refer to the Funder Survey methodology. If you have any questions on the data or would like to request a demo of the tool, please contact us.